|How to Report Fraud|
To report any suspected fraud concerning your Citizens Bank credit card call us at 1-888-307-9565 or call the phone number found on the back of your credit card or monthly statement.
Attach any suspicious emails you may receive to a new email and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, be sure to delete the suspicious emails from your mailbox.
When We Will Contact You About Fraud
Citizens Bank has systems in place to detect unusual patterns of activity which could indicate fraud on your accounts. We may contact you to verify your activity. The number we provide can be verified by you independently and we will also verify your identity at the outset of the call.
At no time will you ever receive a call or email from the bank asking you for your login credentials. If you receive a suspicious phone call or email asking for your authentication credentials you should decline to do so and call us at 1-888-307-9565.
What to do If You Become a Victim of Identity Theft
If you become a victim of identity theft, we recommend that you:
- Close any affected account(s) and open new account(s).
- Place a fraud alert on your credit file by contacting one of the three nationwide consumer reporting agencies listed below
- File a police report with local law enforcement.
- We also recommend you report suspected identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission. You can call 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338); TTY: 1-866-653-4261; write Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580; or submit a complain online by visiting the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov/idtheft.
- Order your free annual credit reports from the three nationwide consumer reporting agencies through www.annualcreditreport.com, and review them carefully.